The Oakland Raiders are among the hottest, and the most hated, teams in the National Football League. The fans no matter what the team feel there is certainly something genuine within the legendary silver and black mystique that surrounds it. The team has been a a part of one of the most memorable plays and games in pro football history. Legend has it a number of rules, a little distance from rule prohibiting the usage of Stick-um besides the rule regarding by utilizing the helmet as a weapon, were initiated specifically due to Oakland Raiders. There is certainly a good deal known concerning the franchise, but listed below are five things you probably will not find out about the Oakland Raiders.
1. Raiders running back Marcus Allen was the first player in the past of the NFL to gain greater than 10,000 yards rushing and more than 5,000 yards receiving during his career.
2. At the time that Raiders head coach John Madden retired from coaching he had coached within the league for 10 years, won a Super Bowl ring, would eventually be voted into your Pro Football Hall of Fame, and began the youngest coach ever to reach 100 victories. Amazingly, he was also just 42 years old.
3. The Raiders franchise is the one NFL team to make it championships within the 1960s, 1970s and 1980s.
4. Throughout the team's second season of join 1961, the Oakland Raiders played their place of residence games along the bay in San Francisco's Candlestick Park.
5. The Raiders Super Bowl XV win over the Philadelphia Eagles allowed them to turn into the first Wild Card team ever to make it the large game.
Shop Derek Carr Jerseys here.
From the sometimes strange and oftentimes near genius moves and strategies of Al Davis besides the team's coaches and players, the personalities surrounding the Raiders tend to be a large section of the team. A number of the more famous players that have worn the silver and black include Jim Otto, Fred Biletnikoff, George Blanda, Willie Brown, Art Shell, Gene Upshaw, Marcus Allen, Ted Hendricks, Howie Long, Mike Haynes, Dave Casper, Lyle Alzado, Randy Moss, Jim Plunkett, Lester Hayes, Ray Guy, Pete Banaszak, Cliff Branch, Tim Brown, Bo Jackson, Rocket Ismail, Jerry Rice, Warren Sapp, Otis Sistrunk, Ken Stabler, Jack Tatum, Greg Townsend, Daryle Lamonica, Todd Christensen, Kerry Collins, Tom Flores, John Matuszak, Mark Van Eeghen, Rich Gannon, Tyrone Wheatley, Charles Woodson, Matt Millen, and Bob Golic. With characters and players like look no further very simple to see how the Raiders have showed up for their mark found on the National Football League. The Oakland Raiders are one of the irreplaceable franchises within the NFL, and to discover the feel inspired by them or hate them, the league is better off due to existence.